FIREARM TRANSFER POLICY
We fundamentally believe you will be thrilled with the products you purchase from Blackstone Shooting Sports. That’s because we go out of our way to ensure we get you the exact products you need from the best brands in the industry. With over 2,000+ firearms in stock, there’s a good chance we have what you’re looking for.
Unsure of North Carolina’s purchase requirements? View our First Time Buyer Guide.
Don’t see what you’re looking for? No Problem! Submit a special order request and we will get back to you with a price and an eta within 24hrs.
FILL OUT THE FORM TO BEGIN YOUR TRANSFER
Please have the transferee (business you are purchasing from) send an email to [email protected] including the following information:
● Your name and contact information including your email address and phone number (We will need this to get in touch with you when your firearm is ready to be transferred to you)
● Information on the firearm being transferred including; make, model, and serial number.
● A copy of the seller’s Federal Firearms License (FFL). We cannot accept transfers from non-FFL dealers. Do not personally ship us firearms without going through a licensed FFL dealer.
If you decide to purchase a firearm outside of Blackstone and have it transferred to our facility, we charge a transfer fee per firearm. Transfer fees cover the administrative costs dealers accrue acquiring & inventorying firearms as well as processing the required ATF paperwork upon disposal to an individual.
● Members – $35/Firearm
● Non-members – $49/Firearm
Once Blackstone Shooting Sports has received your firearm, Please allow 24 – 48 business hours to properly process the transfer. We will contact you the moment the firearm is ready to be picked up.
We are located at:
2001 Wilkinson Blvd. • Charlotte, NC 28208
Please note – due to our limited storage capacity, your transfer/s must be picked up within 30 days of arrival. After 30 days, you will be assessed a $75 storage fee (per item) in addition to any applicable transfer fees. We will hold the item/s for 180 days, after which time, the firearm/s will be considered abandoned and are subject to being sold.
Transfer Storage Fees:
● < 30 days – $0.00
● 31-180 days – $75.00/firearm
SILENCER SHOP KIOSK
As a “Powered” dealer, Blackstone Shooting Sports offers the innovative Silencer Shop kiosk at our location to help streamline the NFA application process. We stock a broad selection of silencers and NFA items from the best brands in the industry. As part of our partnership with Silencer Shop, we do not charge a transfer fee for silencers originating from SilencerShop.com. Simply select Blackstone Shooting Sports at the “Powered” dealer upon check-out and we will call you as soon as your silencer is received.
Do you need anything to buy a suppressor? You will need to bring your government issued identification (such as a driver’s license or passport) and if you already registered at silencershop.com, bring the QR code we sent to you via email and text message. If you haven’t registered in advance of your visit, you can easily do so at the suppressor kiosk.
Your visit to our Silencer Shop kiosk will be completed in five simple steps that can be done in as little as ten minutes:
- Scan your QR code or enter your information (name, email address, etc) on the keyboard
- Scan your fingerprints on the digital pad.
- Sign the screen.
- Answer a few demographic questions (height, eye color, etc).
- Choose your registration method: Trust, Corporation, or Individual.
Click here for more information on how to use the Silencer Shop Kiosk.
NFA TRANSFERS (Non- SilencerShop.com)
NFA Transfers are a MEMBER’S ONLY benefit. We do not accept any Class III/NFA transfers for individuals without an active Blackstone Membership.
NFA Transfer fees:
Members – $99/Item
We require that all paperwork must be filed, and the $200 tax stamp payment must be received by ATF before you are allowed to use your class III firearm/suppressor on the range.
All paperwork submissions, tax stamp purchases, and trust notaries must occur within 30 days of receipt of the transfer. Failure to do so can result in the item being returned to the sender.
In-Store Private Party Transfers
Private party transfers typically involve an individual purchasing a firearm from another person. In order to facilitate private party transfers we are required to have both individuals (buyer and seller) present in the store. Private party transfers typically take around 20 minutes to complete and require the following steps:
- Both buyer and seller are present in the store
- Blackstone Shooting Sports transfers the firearm from the seller into our inventory
- Buyer completes the ATF form 4473 required to purchase a firearm
- Please note, the buyer is responsible for providing all the required documentation and permits required for the specific firearm they are purchasing.
- Upon approval, Blackstone Shooting Sports disposes the firearm to the buyer.
Private Party Transfer Fees:
Members – $35/Firearm
Non-members – $49/Firearm
SPECIAL ORDER REQUEST
Q: Does Blackstone Shooting Sports handle firearm transfers to another FFL?
A: Yes, you can bring us a firearm to have us ship it to another FFL. Here are the fees involved:
- Shipping: $30 (2-day air) / handgun or pistol
- Shipping: $60 (ground) / rifle or shotgun Transfer fee: $49 for non-members per item. $35 for members per item.
All firearms purchased in-store from Blackstone Shooting Sports will be shipped and transferred at no cost to the buyer.
Please allow up to 48-72 hours from time of purchase to ship out your firearm. We must contact the receiving FFL for permission to send the transfer, receive their FFL, and schedule a pick up time from our shipping carrier.
Q: Am I able to get a copy of Blackstone Shooting Sports’s FFL to send to the seller?
A: We will only send a copy of our FFL to other licensed dealers. Simply have the transferee email [email protected] and we will send them a copy of our license.
Q: Are there any restricted types of firearm that cannot be transferred.
A: Yes, we cannot transfer black powder pistols and machine guns.